Joe Peppard, European School of Management and Technology
Joe Peppard is Professor at the European School of Management & Technology in Berlin. He is also Adjunct Professor at the University of South Australia. Over the years he has held academic appointments at Loughborough University, Trinity College Dublin, Groningen University, and the University of Sydney. Between 2005 and 2013, he was Director of the Cranfield University, School of Management’s IT Leadership Programme
The focus of Joe’s research and teaching is in the area of information systems and technology. His research falls under five broad themes:
1. Leadership: driving the organisation forward in the use and exploitation of IT, including the leadership role of the CIO
2. Strategy: thinking strategically about information, systems and technology
3. Innovation: marrying emerging technology capability with business opportunities
4. Organisation: structuring and sourcing IT infrastructure, services, human capital and processes and the enterprise governance of IT
5. Value: generating value from IT investments.
Joe has published widely in academic, general business and management journals (some papers are available for download at http://bit.ly/pTFYwk). In 2009 he was awarded the Stafford Beer Medal by the OR Society for his research. His most recent books include Strategic Planning for Information Systems (Wiley) and Customer Relationship Management: Perspectives from the Marketplace (Butterworth-Heinemann). He is currently working on a book Business Innovation with Information Technology. He is an Editorial Board Member of European Management Journal and the Journal of Information Technology.
Professor Peppard’s consulting is focused on advising organisations on IT and strategy related matters and how to unlock business value from their IT investments. He also works with a number of technology companies helping them with their strategy, market positioning and growth.